Monday 23 November 2009

Week 4: Particle System (80% Complete)

This week I met my individual tutor which has changed my overall plans somewhat. Originally I was going to carry on with my schedule till week 6 (implementing the menu system), however, after the meeting, I needed to re-evaluate my priorities

It was suggested that I rethink some aspects of my project:
  • Come up with an original character
  • Research styles of combat within games
  • Focus more on the artistic side
  • Create a Gantt chart of schedule
The above tasks need to completed before next weeks personal tutor meeting. With that in mind, the rescheduling and reorganising of the project will have to be moved ahead a week to project week 5.

With a possible change in combat moves & mechanics coming up due to character redesign I've delayed the creation of the 'how to' section.

However, I stuck to the plan for this weeks task in ,modifying the sample particle system and effects and a system to manage them. What I actually found the most difficult was managing the different types of particle system, and not creating and implementing them into my game.



No comments:

Post a Comment