Monday 14 December 2009

Week 7: Art asset list & progress report

This week I had to:
  • Create an art asset list
  • Write the progress report
Unfortunately I wasn't able to do the asset list this week, but it should be done by this coming weekend, a lot of deadlines were for this week so I'll have time to catch up by the weekend.

Last week I mentioned that I might be able to outsource the games artwork and I can now confirm that I'll be doing this. After having discussed it with the university, it is well within the 'rules' to outsource aspects of individual projects as long as they are properly referenced and credit is given where due. The artist is also a 3rd year ISVG student, Kwame Bannerman (in return, I am doing the coding element of his project).

Here's some early concept art he's come up with for the characters head:

The idea to outsource my games artwork isn't a new one, in the early stages of project planning I had tried to get artists via forums/the internet, but I considered it too great a risk. Now that I have an artist that I know and can meet, I feel a lot more confident about entrusting him with the task.

While I was confident that I could pull off the game-play that I wanted I was relying a lot on my (non-existent) artistic skills. Hopefully now I can have a game with a good balance between both the technical and visual.

No comments:

Post a Comment